**UPDATED March 2021***
Since Easter is just around the corner, I thought it would be fun to share some Easter Egg decorating ideas – we have tried many over the years, I’m not quite sure what we will be doing this year yet. Decorating eggs is actually a really cool way to introduce new techniques to your child – and it is fun for you to do too! I know you can buy kits but there are lots of fun ways without even going down that route.
Not only is egg decorating fun it helps with dexterity too!
If you think about it, most painting and drawing is done on paper – a flat surface, painting or drawing but the surface of an egg is far more difficult. This gives the child some great new skills to try.
We often boil a dozen white eggs then do a few a day so we can try out new techniques and it helps with the child not getting bored and wanting to give up halfway through.
If you have a Lego creator in the house, they might want to try this egg decorating machine, it was a lot of fun to build and took some testing to find the sweet spot! This was the live we did when Ebi-kun first made it.
Under the video, you will find a list of great Egg decorating ideas that even your pro egg decorators won’t have tried yet!
BIG LIST OF EGG DECORATING IDEAS AND TECHNIQUES
- Sticker Resist Easter Eggs
- Sharpie Doodle Easter Eggs(just need sharpies and eggs, relatively mess-free)
- Ukrainian Eggs
- Salad Spinner Eggs (perfect for little ones, very little mess!)
- Kool Aid and Wax eggs
- Letter Stamped Eggs (any stamp will do!)
- Hipster eggs (used temporary tattoos so can be adapted for kids)
- Lego Easter Eggs
- Glowing Easter Eggs
- Family Photo Eggs (you could have a LOT of fun with this technique)
- Mosaic Easter Eggs
- DIY Baking Soda Paint Eggs
- Abstract Easter Eggs
- Patterned Eggs
- Blingy Easter Eggs
- Natural Dyed Eggs
- Bunny Eggs
- Melted Crayon Eggs
- Colour Change Easter Eggs (thermochromic)
- Little Bird Easter Eggs
- Confetti Eggs
- Eggs in Party Hats
- Tie-Dye Easter Eggs
- Star Wars Eggs
- Cute Monster Eggs
- Beaded Eggs (uses polystyrene eggs)
- Angry Bird Eggs
- Steampunk Egg
- Galaxy Easter Eggs
- Decoupage Eggs
- Old MacDonald Had A Farm Eggs
- Paper Napkin Eggs (these use pretty flowers but you could use any themed napkin) x
- Glitter Dot Eggs
- Silk Tie Eggs
- Pantone Eggs (for the designer in you!)
- Cactus Eggs
- Water Colour Eggs
- Liquid Water Colour Eggs
- Fabric Wrapped Eggs
- Yarn Wrapped Eggs (uses egg forms)
- Moustache Eggs
- Egg People
- Octopus Eggs (not in English but you can follow the photos easily enough)
- Neon Dots (mess-free and good for working little fingers!)
- Lace Dyed Eggs
- Baby Wipe Tie Dye eggs
- DIY Foliage Eggs
- Edible Alcohol Ink Eggs
- Bakers Twine Eggs
- Pop-Up Easter Card (for when you are sick of seeing eggs!)
Confused About Montessori?
Are you interested in Montessori but overwhelmed and confused with the conflicting information out there?
In this free video training, we bust the 8 common myths about using Montessori at home, in just 30 minutes you will have the confidence to move ahead with your Montessori journey knowing that what you are doing is OK!